Welcome to Patti’s Catholic Corner!
Do you hear that? It’s the sound of me stretching out of my comfort zone. I hope I don’t break something! Starting this blog is not easy, but I’m doing it.
Maybe it’s because January 2014 marks ten years of working in full-time ministry. Maybe it’s because I’m tired of reinventing the wheel and watching others do it too. Maybe it’s because I need a way to force myself to step back and look at the big picture. I get bogged down by the daily tasks of life so easily! Maybe it’s because I want what I do and the experiences I’ve had to impact more people’s lives. Whatever the reason, I feel God has led me to start this blog as a way to add my grain of sand to build up the Kingdom of God.
After much discernment, here are some of the goals for this blog:
- Go Deeper – I feel challenged to take my own faith life to a deeper level. I hope taking the time to write about what God is doing in my life and in my ministry will help me to do that.
- Inspire Others – I hope that God will use my own experiences (both good and bad) to inspire others to grow in their own walk with the Lord. I am in love with my Catholic faith, I want to share the riches that our tradition has to offer with my generation. I know that living a counter-cultural lifestyle and following the teachings of the Catholic Church is not easy or popular, but it is well worth it.
- Redeem Sexuality – One of the most widely misunderstood areas of Church teaching is sexuality. I wish to reveal the true purpose of our God-given gift of sexuality. I will delve into the reasons behind what the Church teaches in these areas.
- Share Resources – In ministry we often work in silos. I strive to create collaboration whenever possible. I hope this blog can be a platform for other ministers to connect and share resources. I will share materials I have developed to use in my ministry. I will share experiences – what worked and what didn’t work. I hope others will join in and do the same. Guest posts are more than welcome!
- Provide Updates of our Family Life – Our friends and family are spread out all over the country and the world. One reality of both my husband and I working in full-time ministry means we have a limited budget to be able to travel to visit. It also means we also have limited time to be able to stay in touch like we wish we could. I hope this blog can be a place people can come to check in with our family to see what we’re up to and reconnect with us.
- Build Community – This is not a one-way conversation. I really hope readers will not only subscribe, but also join in on the conversation!
Please take a moment to let me know you’re here, what you like or don’t like, what you agree or disagree with, questions or suggestions that you have, etc.